You Know You're A Med Student When...

I'm getting through medical school with the help and support from friends, family, and "those who have come before me." This is my way of passing the torch and sharing my thoughts for those who are about to set foot of the same path. WE ALL GET BY WITH THE HELP OF FAMILY, FRIENDS, AND THE BIG MAN UPSTAIRS.

Monday, June 04, 2007

Leaving On a Jet Plane


The time has come for me to finally pack up and head home. I'll be leaving in 3 weeks to finish studying at home. Just in time, too, b/c the frequent water and power outages haven't stopped (and it's quite annoying).

The island really wasn't as bad as everyone always complains about, but it's the home sickness factor that kicks in: no one wants to be away from home too long. Though I have beaches back home, they aren't as beautiful (or as clean) as SXM beaches. And let's face it: I leave in a rural part of MD where 'cultural and ethnic diversity' hasn't quite hit (i.e. I'll be having cravings for Schwarmas, Indian food, etc when I go back home).

I'll continue blogging my last few weeks here, and of course will continue when I get home, but *gasp* I go back to dial-up internet. I made a resolve to fix that when I got home and started checking into different DSL services now, but, get this, no one seems to supply my area, except Direct TV. I really never considered myself living in the boonies, what with multiple Walmarts scattered just within a few miles from each other. But, considering we don't have street lamps and all, I guess 2007 technology is still out of reach for my house. Sigh.

With that note, my coffee has just finished brewing and immuno is calling out my name. I shall leave on a reflection of my memories from AUC:
Setting: last semester's ICM course. Histo lab. A friend is interviewing a "patient" (i.e. 2nd semester who volunteered)
Friend/Dr: "blah, blah, blah...we'll have to give you a blood transfusion"
Patient: "what's a blood tranfusion"
Dr: "It's where you tranfuse, uh, blood"

=p

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home