You Know You're A Med Student When...

I'm getting through medical school with the help and support from friends, family, and "those who have come before me." This is my way of passing the torch and sharing my thoughts for those who are about to set foot of the same path. WE ALL GET BY WITH THE HELP OF FAMILY, FRIENDS, AND THE BIG MAN UPSTAIRS.

Monday, May 14, 2007

My Summer Movie List

I wouldn't call myself a movie buff. Frankly, I don't care who that actress is marrying or what actor is currently in trouble. I find it kind of sad that American culture idolize people who base their lives on fakeness (cough, Paris Hilton), and material possessions (but maybe that's b/c I'm a poor medical student with nothing to claim as my own).

Anyway, I haven't been to the movies lately, because, quite honestly, nothing good has come out...until now. This summer, get ready to have your socks knocked off (this was said in my best movie guy's voice). That's right...the good movies have finally hit the screens.

My summer's must see list:
1. Spiderman (saw it on Friday to escape the lack of power in my apartment. Oh, that's right. Water went out this weekend, as well. I hate campus village and solutions management).
2. Pirates of the Caribbean III
3. Nancy Drew (okay, chick flick, but I read these books growing up)
4. Shrek III (bound to get quite a few laughs)
5. Harry Potter 5

Lots to squeeze in with my Step studying. Oh, by the way, biochem is still coming back to haunt me. Ugh. Dr. Trotz (who is now at SGU, I was the last semester to be lucky enough to have her) has the best notes. The last block for biochem was interrelations, which is where she essentially taught all of biochem again in 3 weeks. These notes are jammed with biochem tidbits, but I didn't learn it hard enough the 1st time, so it's taking me awhile to cipher her notes. Regardless, I really recomend using them...they should still be on the notes drive.

Enough about school. I'm going to go watch some tv and unwind...the entire day was spent on non-stop biochem.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home