You Know You're A Med Student When...

I'm getting through medical school with the help and support from friends, family, and "those who have come before me." This is my way of passing the torch and sharing my thoughts for those who are about to set foot of the same path. WE ALL GET BY WITH THE HELP OF FAMILY, FRIENDS, AND THE BIG MAN UPSTAIRS.

Thursday, May 24, 2007

Country Song


My life is like a country song. At least the last 24 hours.

Woe, woe, woe.
Soooo....last night, went to go watch "Lost" finale on tv. Cable's out. That's okay. I'll get it online. Oops. Internet's out. Go over to the rotunda to check my caribserve email (b/c i had a sneaky suspicion that my bill was due, even though I never got it) and I can't log it. In short, for the first time in my life, I was late on a bill. So, I decided to go to bed, but the lightening and thunder got so intense, that it kept me up.

Woke up early, worked out, etc, etc. Hopped in the car to go to Phillipsburg to find out what's the scoop on my internet service, when the car won't start. Dead battery (but no lights were left on). And, it's a new car. So, I have to call the rental company, but I ran out of money on my phone. So, back to school I go to use the voynage phone. It doesn't make local calls. 1 hour later, a guy from the car company comes and jumps the car. Hurray.

I get to Phillipsburg, find Caribserve's building, only to find that they've moved. I get lost, finally get to the new building, and, here's the happy ending:
I now have cable, internet, power, water, and my sanity back. Whoo-hoo.

So, here's some pics of the lightening that I tried to catch. no matter how much I changed the shutter speed or the settings, I couldn't catch the actual bolt, just the "afterglow." Also, the "tree that stands alone" stands alone no more. There's a new generator thingy there, which, thanks to the locals (or a disgruntled student) already has graffetti on it in less than 24 hours.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home