You Know You're A Med Student When...

I'm getting through medical school with the help and support from friends, family, and "those who have come before me." This is my way of passing the torch and sharing my thoughts for those who are about to set foot of the same path. WE ALL GET BY WITH THE HELP OF FAMILY, FRIENDS, AND THE BIG MAN UPSTAIRS.

Tuesday, October 03, 2006

4th Semester Factoid: Tuesday


I feel it is my duty, nay, my privilege, ..blah, blah, blah. Okay, so here's the deal. I decided that I should make an attempt to post a factoid everyday. Why? If I'm having to learn massage amounts of info, then everyone else should feel the joy of daily personal edification, as well.

So, here is today's 4th semester factoid: cyclosporins, a great immunosuppressant drug, given to transplant patients. This stops any battle that might be waged against the transplant by the patient's own immune system. Essentially, a neutral ground is reached. Who's great at neutrality? The Swiss, so, it's only natural that they are the ones that discovered this drug.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home