You Know You're A Med Student When...

I'm getting through medical school with the help and support from friends, family, and "those who have come before me." This is my way of passing the torch and sharing my thoughts for those who are about to set foot of the same path. WE ALL GET BY WITH THE HELP OF FAMILY, FRIENDS, AND THE BIG MAN UPSTAIRS.

Saturday, December 23, 2006

Christmas Eve is Upon Us

Much to my dismay, I had to go out briefly today. Not so much for myself, but for my brother. The kid is 20, but, being the typical male, has no idea what to get for anyone, so I agreed to help out and bought some presents for him. What a minute. I charged those on my card. I need to go see him about payment. :) Can you believe he expected me to wrap them for him as well? Yea, right!

Christmas Eve is tomorrow, which means the holiday begins for my family. Since it's Sunday, I still have regular church service in the morning. This will follow by a flurry of activities, including making sure the house is clean, the platter of cookies is presentable, the shrimp (yes, shrimp) is ready for that night, etc. At 6pm, I have a candle light service to attend with my entire family, followed by dinner, formal family photos, and some gift exchanges at my grandmother's. We typically don't get home until after midnight.

Christmas day, my brother still wakes everyone up, although, since we're older, it's no longer at 7am (Thank goodness!). We open presents, just the 5 of us, and have pineapples for breakfast (another weird tradition). Then, it's time to get the spiral, honey-baked ham ready for the early meal that we have when my entire dad's side of the family arrives for more eating and gift exchanges.

Sadly, there will be no white Christmas this year...it's too warm for snow. I have to say I'm disappointed. I'm sure those in Denver wouldn't have minded if that cold front that dumped so much snow over on them wound up on the east coast.

Merry Christmas, everyone!!

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home