You Know You're A Med Student When...

I'm getting through medical school with the help and support from friends, family, and "those who have come before me." This is my way of passing the torch and sharing my thoughts for those who are about to set foot of the same path. WE ALL GET BY WITH THE HELP OF FAMILY, FRIENDS, AND THE BIG MAN UPSTAIRS.

Thursday, December 21, 2006

Edible House

Hurray! I finally found my camera so I can start taking pics again. Since I've been home, I have been slightly absent minded, due to my being like Stretch Armstrong, being pulled in every direction. I have spent the past several days searching every room for my camera. I even looked in my piano bench where I store my sheet music. I ended up finding it under some wrapping paper in my basement, the official wrapping area (tradition is to wrap on top of our pool table).

So, what's new with me? Well, it's starting to get really cold. It's been in the 60's since I've been home, so it hasn't been too bad (but then again, that's still a 20 degree drop from SXM). It's now dropping to 40's, with even colder weather on the way. Today, the clouds looked threatening...if it had been cold enough, it would have snowed. I miss snow, so I'm hoping that we'll get some while I'm here.

I spent today running errands, but the good news is, I'm finished Christmas shopping. Tomorrow is reserved for wrapping, baking, and running any last minute errands that I forgot. Saturday is last LAST minute errands. Sunday is "go time." I have Christmas eve candlelight services to attend (so pretty and humbling) and then it's a big dinner at my grandmother's. This follows Christmas day at my house and on the 26th, party at my aunt's. (My family is huge). I thrive on this time of year, although i have to admit that I have not been as cheerful as I normally am. I am trying to correct this. I started with purchasing a gingerbread house kit (it's actually a tree). I'm posting a pic of this, although I'm embarrassed at how it turned out. In the past years, I have always made a gingerbread house by scratch, but I just felt too tired to make my own dough and icing. Nevertheless, this will serve as a centerpiece on our island for Christmas day. (if anyone makes fun of it, I'll say my kid cousin did it).

I still have so much more to do. I haven't even unpacked...I'm still living out of my suitcases. Because my winter clothes were already here, I have no use for the things in my suitcases, so they have pretty much stayed right where I left them a week ago in the living room. I suppose I should get the books, notes,etc out.

I saw my sister for the first time tonight. We went out to dinner with my parents. She just finished up her 3rd semester in law school. I'm proud to say that she's 3rd in her class, and we're awaiting to see if she has been chosen to be published in a law journal or not.

p.s. this is an edit: I cant' seem to upload the pic of my gingerbread creation. As soon as I can, I'll upload it as a new post.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home