You Know You're A Med Student When...

I'm getting through medical school with the help and support from friends, family, and "those who have come before me." This is my way of passing the torch and sharing my thoughts for those who are about to set foot of the same path. WE ALL GET BY WITH THE HELP OF FAMILY, FRIENDS, AND THE BIG MAN UPSTAIRS.

Wednesday, January 31, 2007

My Surgical Rotation

Once again, I find myself starting off a post with an apology about how I haven't been posting because I've been too busy. Sigh. Enough of the excuses.

So, let me talk about Friday's surgical rotation that I did at St. Maarten Medical center. I had a blast! I didn't get a chance to sit in an actual surgery, but I did go on morning rounds with one of the 2 surgeons on the dutch side. I met a lot of patients, most with diabetes and who have had multiple amputations. Many have end stage renal failure, which means that they have to come into the hospital 2 times a week for dialysis (which takes 4-5 hours).

I will keep this short, but I really enjoyed myself. It was cool walking around the hospital with my stethescope and white coat.

In a few weeks, I will be going to the Mullet bay clinic for a 4 hour "shift" there. We'll see how that goes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home