You Know You're A Med Student When...

I'm getting through medical school with the help and support from friends, family, and "those who have come before me." This is my way of passing the torch and sharing my thoughts for those who are about to set foot of the same path. WE ALL GET BY WITH THE HELP OF FAMILY, FRIENDS, AND THE BIG MAN UPSTAIRS.

Friday, January 19, 2007

The Longest 4 Hours

Today was "comp day." I have to say, it was the longest and most draining 4 hours of test-taking ever. How I'm going to get through Step that is twice as long is beyond me.

Everyone crammed into lecture hall 2 today, the one that has the loud air conditioning/generator thing/thing-a-ma-bob that loudly cuts on like every 30 minutes. We had 4 hours to complete 200 multiple choice questions. It was hard, but not as hard as I thought it would be, considering I have only put in a small amount of studying compared to other classmates of mine. Lots of pharm (anticancer), path (heart), phys (endocrine) and micro questions. Honestly, you know the classes that we all tend to complain and overly-stress about here at AUC? Well, trust me, those are the classes that prepare you the most. All the times that those profs said, "this will be on your boards"....they're right. I saw those questions on today's comp, which is written by the same people who write the questions for Step I. I hate to say this, but the hardest classes here are the ones where you learn AND retain the most info. I didn't have time to look over any micro or neuro, but I recognized every single question for those two subjects (whether I got the right answer or not is a different story).

I have no idea when we get our results. I'm not stressed if I passed or not, since, like I said, I haven't studied hard-core for it...it took me 2 weeks alone just to get completely organized for serious Step I studying for the next several months, but now that I'm organized, I'm ready to kick butt. One thing's for sure: the depth of those questions, and the fact that they were secondary and tertiary questions is enough to kick me into high gear.

1 Comments:

  • At January 23, 2007 1:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    There's nothing like that air conditioner screeching as it starts up to really help you focus on an exam.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home