You Know You're A Med Student When...

I'm getting through medical school with the help and support from friends, family, and "those who have come before me." This is my way of passing the torch and sharing my thoughts for those who are about to set foot of the same path. WE ALL GET BY WITH THE HELP OF FAMILY, FRIENDS, AND THE BIG MAN UPSTAIRS.

Saturday, May 12, 2007

Ranting

No one likes to hear anyone complain, but oh well. After 36 hours of no electricity, I'm allowed to complain. Especially since I'm sick with a bad head cold and I had just bought a ton of perishable groceries the day before, which now have to be thrown out.

I've been here for 2 years, and the power has never gone out this long. It's hot. I know that. I can deal with no electricity for half a day. Shoot. I've even dealt with no water for that long, too, but 36 hours? Come on. This means no sleep (b/c my side of the building doesn't get a breeze), no food, no cooking, no nothing. Oh, and the irony? I finally go to school, and no more than 10 minutes later, the school's generator fails, too (but luckily, for only an hour or so). Arrghhh.

The power finally came back on at 4am this morning, which work me up, b/c apparently, I had left all of the lights, fans, and AC on. Talk about relief.

I suppose we were due for an outage, though, considering, like clockwork, the power goes out at the end of every semester, right before the Path I final. It never happened last semester. So, I guess we had to have a doozie at the start of this semester to make up for it.

2 Comments:

  • At May 13, 2007 1:46 AM, Blogger Kiyyto said…

    Yeah, it sucked alright. Besides the heat and wasted groceries ($$), walking around in the dark wasn't much fun either.

     
  • At May 14, 2007 11:12 PM, Blogger Dr J said…

    Yeah, walking in the dark really isn't too much fun, especially when, b/c it was so dark, I couldn't even find my flashlight. The halls at campus village are really creepy at night. Plus, that's when all of the cockroaches start making their way up the floors...gross.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home