You Know You're A Med Student When...

I'm getting through medical school with the help and support from friends, family, and "those who have come before me." This is my way of passing the torch and sharing my thoughts for those who are about to set foot of the same path. WE ALL GET BY WITH THE HELP OF FAMILY, FRIENDS, AND THE BIG MAN UPSTAIRS.

Thursday, June 28, 2007

Home!

I've enjoyed being home these last 2 days, even though I've been totally distracted from studying (no surprise there). Everything is green and peaceful (yea, country MD!). I wake up to hear the katy-dids (means that an early fall is coming) and birds chirping. i.e. no construction noises, no banging, none of the usual SXM shouting.

The weather here has been fluctuating. Getting up to the low and mid-90's, then drops down to the low 70's at night. I'm like a vampire, staying inside to keep cool during the day, and will come out to enjoy the breezes at night. Some storms are heading my way, so it should cool things off a bit.

I'm still unpacking all of my bags. What a mess. It's going to take forever. I had 4 checked bags, all weighing between 60 and 83 lbs. Plus 2 large carry-ons, and oh yeah, I carried my Robbins book by hand. I got a lot of strange looks for that one. Several people commented how large a book it was, and I gave an automated response of "it's for light reading. " Hardy-har-har.

So, in all this unpacking, the irony struck me that I will just be packing up again in one week to head to P.A.S.S. This time, I'm restricting myself to the amount of luggage that I bring. No need to go overboard when I'm gone for just a month.

I tickled the ivories this afternoon for the first time since Christmas break. I'm rusty and a bit slower than usual, but hopefully, will be up to speed in a few days. I've been playing since I was 8 years old, and my fingers actually start to hurt if I don't play for a while. I miss competing and the recitals :(

Since I'm getting so sick of this slow internet, I'm going to end this post, but not before trying to upload some pics from home:

I leave home and boom! the trees grow several feet. I can't believe how big they've gotten!

Storm clouds moving in. A quick summer thunderstorm comes by every afternoon to cool us off for about an hour before the sun comes out , scorching hot again.

1 Comments:

  • At June 30, 2007 12:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Congratulations on your escape! Sorry I never got to meet you, though I probably walked past you 2000 times. Anyhow, I hope that you keep on with the blogging. Love the cornfields shot. As much as people might think it would be paradise to live under palm trees and warm weather all the time, no it isn't.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home