You Know You're A Med Student When...

I'm getting through medical school with the help and support from friends, family, and "those who have come before me." This is my way of passing the torch and sharing my thoughts for those who are about to set foot of the same path. WE ALL GET BY WITH THE HELP OF FAMILY, FRIENDS, AND THE BIG MAN UPSTAIRS.

Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Yummy Dinner


With exactly 2 weeks left until my departure back to civilzation (YEA!!), i'm trying to cram in the last of the "island goodness." This includes making a stop for dinner at the French guy's Schwarma truck in Marigot. Have to get my fix now, as I come from an area where schwarmas are not known.

I also had to go to Phillipsburg today in order to buy a new suitcase, since one of the ones that I need to get all of my crap back home just broke yesterday. (It's probably my fault: i stuffed it full and then tried zipping it...oops). I got a HUGE bag for just 30 bucks. So, i'm leaving with 4 bags total (But then again, I came down with 7. Before you scoff, just realize that for weekend trips, I bring a full suitcase PLUS duffle bag: you need clothes in case it's too cold, clothes in case it gets warm, clothes for outdoor activities, clothes for a nice dinner out, etc. Oh, and shoes to match each outfit. When I went away to Orlando for a few days last semester, I packed a ridiculous amount of stuff...and used it all =)

So anyways, that's been my day. Back to the grind!

2 Comments:

  • At June 14, 2007 12:09 PM, Blogger Scott said…

    Please someone tell me what a shwarma is!

     
  • At June 14, 2007 2:00 PM, Blogger Dr J said…

    Poor, guy, you're just like me. Maryland does us unjustice!!

    It's a persian/lebanese based sandwhich: pita bread stuffed with tomatos, mayo/speical sauce, lettuce, and your choice of meat: chicken, shrimp, lamb, beef, etc. (i like chicken).

    You have to try it. There are places all around the island that sell them, but I have found that, for a dollar more, the french guy has better meat and stuffs the pita bread with more food. (Better bang for your buck, so to speak).

     

Post a Comment

<< Home