You Know You're A Med Student When...

I'm getting through medical school with the help and support from friends, family, and "those who have come before me." This is my way of passing the torch and sharing my thoughts for those who are about to set foot of the same path. WE ALL GET BY WITH THE HELP OF FAMILY, FRIENDS, AND THE BIG MAN UPSTAIRS.

Sunday, October 29, 2006

What I've Been Up To

So much going on. Okay, not really. i've been catching up on sleep all weekend, as this past week was very draining.

Yesterday, when I went for a run down to Mullet Bay beach, I decided to go for a quick swim. Water was nice, but starting to get a little rough (as it later rained that night). Anyway, while trying to swim back, the current pulled me back and a huge wave crashed over me. I saw that it was going to happen and tried to take a deep breath to prepare, but the wave came faster than I had expected, and I swallowed a lot of water. I got tossed around a bit and had to relax to figure out which way was back up. I came home with most of the sand from the beach with me, so I apologize for any future sunbathers if there is no beach left at Mullet Bay.

Tonight, I decided to head out and grab a bite to eat. The traffic is still backed up. (Surprise, surprise). I checked that out, too. There's no stop light being put in, as the rumor has it...it's some kind of side-road work that is being done that I can't figure out why it would back up traffic. We're entering high season again, as one could tell from the number of tourists at the restaurants tonight. Perhaps this has something to do with the traffic.

I'm posting some pictures that I took tonight of the new grocery store and the newest ATM that we have at the gas station. I took some pictures of the airport, but they didn't turn out. Good news, though. THE AIRPORT IS OFFICIALLY OPEN. I saw passengers standing in lines inside to check in, and the guy with the yellow shirt who helps you with luggage was there, too (we call them skycaps in Baltimore).

So, that's about it. I have lots of pharm to do, plus I have to study for a med ethics quiz tomorrow...it's the 5th lecture. Only 2 classes after tomorrow, then that class will be over. Yippee.

Cheers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home