You Know You're A Med Student When...

I'm getting through medical school with the help and support from friends, family, and "those who have come before me." This is my way of passing the torch and sharing my thoughts for those who are about to set foot of the same path. WE ALL GET BY WITH THE HELP OF FAMILY, FRIENDS, AND THE BIG MAN UPSTAIRS.

Friday, December 29, 2006

New Diet Info


I watched a very interesting documentary on diets tonight. A few facts really stood out that I thought people should know:

1. Chocolate is good for you...but only dark chocolate
2. Drinking 1-2 sodas per day increases your risk by 33% of becoming obese. Drinking 1-2 DIET sodas per day increases your risk by 55%. Apparently, the artificial sweetners are worse for you than it was originally thought. So much for my trying to be healthy and stick to my diet dr. pepper
3. A common misconception and advice that many physicians give cancer patients is to eat heavy sweets in order to keep their weight up. Examples include cakes, ice cream, etc. Cancer cells actually thrive on sugars, so eating sweets is actually decreasing the efficacy of the chemotherapy.

Just some random new facts to throw out there =)

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home