You Know You're A Med Student When...

I'm getting through medical school with the help and support from friends, family, and "those who have come before me." This is my way of passing the torch and sharing my thoughts for those who are about to set foot of the same path. WE ALL GET BY WITH THE HELP OF FAMILY, FRIENDS, AND THE BIG MAN UPSTAIRS.

Sunday, March 18, 2007

Saturday's CPR

I survived CPR yesterday, which is more than I can say for the dummies that we practiced on (mannequins, not humans =) ... Since we were supposed to be practicing real life techniques, I practiced calling Time of Death. I managed to save a couple, though.

All jokes aside, I'm now able to help should a situation arise. We learned how to use an AED ("i'm clear, you're clear, we're all clear, now shock"), and how to slam people against a wall should the Heimlich manuever not work (I'm not joking...we even practiced this).

Now that CPR killed half a day for me, today will be spent getting caught up in Path, as well as studying some Kaplan. I love 5th.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home