You Know You're A Med Student When...

I'm getting through medical school with the help and support from friends, family, and "those who have come before me." This is my way of passing the torch and sharing my thoughts for those who are about to set foot of the same path. WE ALL GET BY WITH THE HELP OF FAMILY, FRIENDS, AND THE BIG MAN UPSTAIRS.

Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Wednesday's Happenings

Today I had a meeting with the Office of Clinical Affairs people- a long 2 hour meeting that explained how clinicals work, all of the paperwork involved, etc. While slightly boring, it was extremely informative, as I now have a good grasp as to what is going to happen to me after I take Step I this summer. (FYI to all 1st-4th semester students: work on getting ICM better organized than what it has been in the past, as the course takes too much time away from Kaplan). For anyone wanting to make Match 2009 (and start getting a paycheck!), clinicals must be started by Oct 29th of this year. I will be blogging my process of applying for step, my studies, etc, as soon as this semester starts winding down.

ICM II started today, running for the next week and a half. The prof, Dr. D, is an AUC alum (1986). We all applauded for him and his success upon hearing that he graduated from here. He was Chief Resident (i forget what hospital) and is currently working at the Mayo clinic as a pediatrics ER physician. His recommendation, like many others recently, is to do clincials in England. Everyone, and I mean everyone, is starting to push England. I spoke to Dr. D. after class today to get his opinion, and found out that England is much more hands on than the States. Some of my friends who were 5th semesters when I was a first are finishing up in Ireland right now and had a blast. Something to look into.

Other than that, nothing else to really talk about, besides my glee towards today's rain. Even though this is an island, the lack of rain has dried everything up. Hopefully, the rain will "wash" the brown away (wah, wah, wah... okay, it's time to wrap up when I start using really bad puns).........

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home