You Know You're A Med Student When...

I'm getting through medical school with the help and support from friends, family, and "those who have come before me." This is my way of passing the torch and sharing my thoughts for those who are about to set foot of the same path. WE ALL GET BY WITH THE HELP OF FAMILY, FRIENDS, AND THE BIG MAN UPSTAIRS.

Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Reflections

Today was spent running some friends around to do last minute errands, sight-seeing, etc, before I said goodbye to them as they headed back home. Pretty sad to see my "school family" dwindling down into the smaller numbers. I never thought that I would get upset, but the chaos and stress that this school creates forges a tight bond that you never really realize until it's time to say goodbye.

Two years has completely flown by. I completely remember being anxious, excited, and scared as I came down for the first time. Although I have flown down several months before to check out the island and the school (I was wait listed at some US schools and needed a 'Plan B'), I still ended up going through a roll and a half of Tums that first day. I arrived at AUC and was promptly scolded by a guard for bringing down too much luggage (since when is a girl supposed to travel light? And 7 sevens is NOT too much!! =P ) The first night was spent crying, surrounded by those 7 bags, b/c I could not find the toliet paper I had packed. (No, in all honesty, it was b/c all lights were busted in my dorm room except for the kitchen and I had already seen a cockroach and a trail of ants).

Ah, yes, good times.
To be continued...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home