You Know You're A Med Student When...

I'm getting through medical school with the help and support from friends, family, and "those who have come before me." This is my way of passing the torch and sharing my thoughts for those who are about to set foot of the same path. WE ALL GET BY WITH THE HELP OF FAMILY, FRIENDS, AND THE BIG MAN UPSTAIRS.

Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Ain't No Sunshine When They're Gone


I've been busy pouting since my family left yesterday to go back home (to the cold, apparently...been in the 20's and 30's in MD!!) It was great having them around, even though all of them stayed with me in my apartment. The sky happens to match my mood today. But all will be well, since this is motivation to get studying done so I can get home (I'm not leaving the island until I'm ready to take Step I, so I'm staying an extra month or two).

They all enjoyed themselves and were able to relax. My brother even found a nice Swiss watch that he's been wanting to get. It was nice having them around and to get some home cooking (nothing beats having someone else cook for you!) My parents got a kick out of all of the political campaign slogans on the flags around the dutch side.

I don't know where I'm heading with all of this...I'm just rambling. I'm going to get started studying for the day. Adios.

2 Comments:

  • At April 12, 2007 8:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    i hadn't heard you say a word about packing or leaving or anything, so when you explained that you are staying to study, for a month or so, it all made more sense.

     
  • At April 12, 2007 8:45 PM, Blogger Dr J said…

    Yup, I'm one of THOSE people who can't seem to get enough of this island (yeah, right). In all honesty, I wouldn't be focused if I go home...too many family and friends. So, i'll be held up in the library for a little while longer.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home