You Know You're A Med Student When...

I'm getting through medical school with the help and support from friends, family, and "those who have come before me." This is my way of passing the torch and sharing my thoughts for those who are about to set foot of the same path. WE ALL GET BY WITH THE HELP OF FAMILY, FRIENDS, AND THE BIG MAN UPSTAIRS.

Sunday, April 15, 2007

Start of a New Week

So, I took my Kaplan simulated exam on Friday...took only 5 hours instead of the expected 8. It really wasn't bad (everyone kept saying not to worry about it, but considering I've self-diagnosed myself as having General Anxiety Disorder, I worried all about it until I was finished the actual exam).

This weekend was pretty much spent relaxing, as the weight of my 1st 2 years of med school are coming off of my shoulders. I still have to worry and prepare for Step, but I'm not rushing to take the test until I know that I am absolutetly sure that I am not only ready for it, but will achieve the numeric score that I'm shooting for.

I've had a really bad headache all day. No meds, dark lights, candles, tea, or naps will get rid of it. My new worry? An epidural hematoma (but I don't remember hitting my head on anything lately, although I am a total klutz). Ah, the joys of being a medical student and being paranoid of having every disorder, syndrome, or cancer that you learn about.

The newest development is that my blog home page is all in dutch now and I can't figure out how to switch it back to English, considering all directions are now in Dutch, as well. I'm able to post b/c I remember which buttons to push. I'm going to have to figure out how to fix this.

I called home today and found out that a Noreaster is passing through...lots of rain, ice, and snow back home. (suckers). My dad and I chuckled, considering Al Gore's adament about the whole global warming thing. (Did you know that each home he owns takes more electricity and energy to run than an entire 3 blocks of avg. size homes? Kind of ironic, considering his push to be more "environmentally friendly").

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home