You Know You're A Med Student When...

I'm getting through medical school with the help and support from friends, family, and "those who have come before me." This is my way of passing the torch and sharing my thoughts for those who are about to set foot of the same path. WE ALL GET BY WITH THE HELP OF FAMILY, FRIENDS, AND THE BIG MAN UPSTAIRS.

Sunday, July 01, 2007

I MISS SXM!!!



Haha, got you. Just wanted to see if any eyebrows would go up.

I'm pretty productive at home. It helps to be in the good old U.S.A. where you can run errands in 2 hours, instead of 4 on SXM. I'm also relishing the fact that I'm able to eat fresh produce (yummy corn on the cob!) and fresh Maryland seafood (I just had steamed shrimp tonight, seasoned with old bay). Sadly, I haven't broken the habit of sniffing the milk every time I open it, despite it being a week away from the expiration date.

This week is going to get a little crazy. Last minute studying before P.A.S.S., packing (ironic, since I haven't finished unpacking), and of course, 4th of July, which is a big deal for my family. This is the first time that I've been home for a July 4th in over 2 years. Oh, some 4th of July trivia: I'm surprised at how few people know the origins of "The Star Spangled Banner," written by Francis Scott Key in 1812 right after the British attacked Ft. McHenry (Baltimore, MD). Americans, naturally, won that one (hence, why it's the star spangled banner, not the star spangled crosses, or whatever the British call that red cross over the white flag).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home