You Know You're A Med Student When...

I'm getting through medical school with the help and support from friends, family, and "those who have come before me." This is my way of passing the torch and sharing my thoughts for those who are about to set foot of the same path. WE ALL GET BY WITH THE HELP OF FAMILY, FRIENDS, AND THE BIG MAN UPSTAIRS.

Sunday, October 08, 2006

A surrounded by B


I'm working on med pysch homework (yes, can you believe it...i have actual homework). Anyway, in lab this week, we are working on pyschoanalytic therapy, behavior, all tied into psychotherapy. In order to fully understand this, we have been given the task to complete several worksheets that allow us to determine how we handle stress, if we are able to relax, how we solve stressful problems, and finally, personality type.


I'm type A. Not only am I type A, apparently, I'm an extreme form of Type A. I have the desire to constantly be going, tend to cut people off, get annoyed when tasks aren't done correctly, a need to multitask, and extremely comepetitive. What? That doesn't sound like me.

In all fairness, though, there are more subdivisions of personality types, but we were only being tested for Type A vs. Type B (an extremely laid-back, relaxed personality type).

My friends are all type B. I'm a Type A with type O blood, surrounded by type B.

4 Comments:

  • At October 09, 2006 7:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    As a definite Type B, I'm happy to hear that there are others on Planet Tien. I thought you "A" guys & gals were the dominant phenotype around here.

     
  • At October 09, 2006 7:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hahahahahahahaha, you have just described every single person in law school.

     
  • At October 10, 2006 12:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    so...... which parent do u take after...

     
  • At October 10, 2006 12:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    so..... which parent do u take after?
    i think i finally got the hang of blogging! go me!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home