You Know You're A Med Student When...

I'm getting through medical school with the help and support from friends, family, and "those who have come before me." This is my way of passing the torch and sharing my thoughts for those who are about to set foot of the same path. WE ALL GET BY WITH THE HELP OF FAMILY, FRIENDS, AND THE BIG MAN UPSTAIRS.

Thursday, January 04, 2007

Getting Into the Groove...

...or swing of things, or whatever the cliche is. Needless to say, I'm back and I'm by no means ready (gulp!) I'm still trying to unpack (surprise, surprise) and of course, I can't find my camera again (an even bigger surprise).

I don't want to make premature judgements on my classes yet, but I can tell that ICM is going to be a lot of work. I'm in class forever: M-F 12-3 plus T, Th 5-6 plus M 3-4:20. Yikes! But we all are def. starting to feel like doctors, with our white coats, AUC name badges (gold of course) and stethescopes slung around our necks. Scary part is, I feel like I don't know enough to even show my face at a clinical site, but yet, in a few short months, I'll be there.

I'm grateful that Kaplan is self-study now. We are the 1st medical school to use this new program that Kaplan just came out. Pretty cool. I'll be posting more on this once I get beyond the orientation video that I watched online at home about the program. Now that I completed that, the program allows me to take a diagnostic exam (which i'll do this weekend) and immediately scores and gives me a personalized study plan to ensure success in all parts, especially my weak points.

5th semester is now in full motion!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home