You Know You're A Med Student When...

I'm getting through medical school with the help and support from friends, family, and "those who have come before me." This is my way of passing the torch and sharing my thoughts for those who are about to set foot of the same path. WE ALL GET BY WITH THE HELP OF FAMILY, FRIENDS, AND THE BIG MAN UPSTAIRS.

Sunday, January 07, 2007

What Have I Gotten Myself Into??


Ahhhh, 5th semester.

Nope, not feeling any relief just yet. Question marks are permanetly floating above my head as I try to figure out the best way to time manage my semester, but also how to tackle Step I.

I took the diagnostic online over the weekend. I scored the same as most people (from what I'm hearing from friends). I can't figure out if that should be reassuring to me or not, as I'm about to take the 1st comp in less than 2 weeks, and feel like I don't know a thing. What's neat about the diagnostic exam is that it gives you the breakdown of the subject material. Biochem was not my weakest subject, rather, anatomy. My best was immuno, not behavioral sciences like I thought it would be. It was kind of weird how all of my predictions were totally off. I didn't do so hot in path, just avg, but I attribute that to the fact that I am just now taking Path II. Out of 150 questions, 57 were path, so take Path I and II seriously. Robbins (the path book) should be your best friend.

I've just now started on the Kaplan videos. I don't have too much to comment, as i just watched one chapter's worth of biochem. If you're a visual/auditory person, then they'll benefit you. If not, then you're wasting your time.

Oh, and my other comment: those key words that work for answering questions in classes like immuno, micro, and phys. Well, they're going to work for Step, as well. They showed up on the diagnostic: "red sputum," "green sputum." "orange colored crystals" etc.

Good luck everyone on this new semester!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home