You Know You're A Med Student When...

I'm getting through medical school with the help and support from friends, family, and "those who have come before me." This is my way of passing the torch and sharing my thoughts for those who are about to set foot of the same path. WE ALL GET BY WITH THE HELP OF FAMILY, FRIENDS, AND THE BIG MAN UPSTAIRS.

Friday, November 24, 2006

Giving Thanks


I've had a really good day. So good, that it helped with the homesickness.

I found out that I did well on both the pharm exam and my presentation. I went to the french side to do some shopping, since I need formal wear for tomorrow's 5th semester party. Unfortunately, 2 hours later, nada. But that's okay. I got some really good pastries and got to enjoy the nice view. The pics are of Marigot's mall and of AUC (in the very, very distance). The whole getting -as- far -away- as- you- can get- on -this- island idea was totally appealing. I still don't know what I'm going to wear tomorrow night, though.

I decided not to cook this year, as I was just too burned out from all of my exams, so I just got dinner from Ric's: turkey, ham, green beans, mashed potatos, sweet potatos, bread, and stuffing. All yummy (though it still doesn't beat my family's cooking).

In reflection however, I am truly blessed, and have much to be thankful for. I have many friends and family that love me, are healthy, and are truly some of the greatest people ever.

2 Comments:

  • At November 26, 2006 10:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    which hotel is that with the blue pyramid?

     
  • At November 27, 2006 1:46 PM, Blogger Dr J said…

    It's not a hotel...it's the mall in Marigot. I took it up on the roof. Just take the glass elevator that you see in the background to level 2 and you're there.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home