You Know You're A Med Student When...

I'm getting through medical school with the help and support from friends, family, and "those who have come before me." This is my way of passing the torch and sharing my thoughts for those who are about to set foot of the same path. WE ALL GET BY WITH THE HELP OF FAMILY, FRIENDS, AND THE BIG MAN UPSTAIRS.

Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Physician, Heal Thyself

I always find it amusing that, as med students, we are probably the biggest hippocrites in the world. We learn to (politely) point fingers at people and tell them to take better care of themselves, yet, when we get sick, we regress and forget to take our own advice.

AUC is officially full of invalids: everyone around me is hacking, sneezing, or just looking worn down. Granted, the stress of the semester is really getting to everyone, but a lot of people are starting to get really sick. And now, I'm one of them (thanks, guys). Sore throat, a little bit of cough. Will I go to the doctor? Heck no. Take medicines? Most likely not. I'll just drink my OJ and go along my merry way, infecting others as I go. Hippocrite.

On a side note, things would be different if I were younger and back at home. When my aunt (a nurse) ever got word that I was sick, she would stop by with special treatment: a McDonald's milkshake and french fries (i like to dip the fries into the milkshake, even to this day). Greasy food seemed to make me better (and my mother's love -> i have to add this, otherwise, when she reads this, i'll get an upset email from her...love you, mom!!!)



I found the perfect picture: a McDonald's located INSIDE a hospital... it's the perfect treatment for me!!!

Okay, enough reminiscing. This sicko has to get back to studying.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home