You Know You're A Med Student When...

I'm getting through medical school with the help and support from friends, family, and "those who have come before me." This is my way of passing the torch and sharing my thoughts for those who are about to set foot of the same path. WE ALL GET BY WITH THE HELP OF FAMILY, FRIENDS, AND THE BIG MAN UPSTAIRS.

Sunday, October 15, 2006

I'll PYSCH You Out!


I have my med pysch exam tomorrow, which I'm almost ready for (key word: almost). I still have some last minute studying to do. One thing's for sure: I am so sick of defense mechanisms. We had about 20 of them to learn, and they are all placed on a scale that ranges from narissistic to mature. Believe it or not, a lot of adults will in fact regress when they are presented with a problem (key example: the toughest man becomes the biggest baby when he gets sick).

The only interesting thing that I enjoyed learning about when it comes to defense mechanisms is that the term and concept was coined by Anna Freud, daughter to Freud. She rejected his theory that infants contain sexual desires. I guess when she heard that, she was like, "Uh-uh, Dad. No way did I want to have sex with you."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home